Who’s getting a bit over the fact Easter eggs has been in the shops since just after Christmas? If you’re like me who can’t resist the novelty of Easter chocolate & have been having the odd Malteaser Bunny since January now it’s actually Easter it feels like a bit of a non-starter?
Today I am going to share with you an alternative to the sugar laden commercial Easter offerings – raw chocolate. If you’ve never tried raw chocolate you are in for a treat. I always have a tray in my freezer & the great thing is you only need the tiniest square to satisfy any cravings.
I’ve adapted this recipe from the official Thermomix Taste of Vegetarian cookbook. Enjoy xx
- 130g organic almonds, cashews & Brazil nuts
- 75g organic macadamia nuts roughly chopped
- 250g organic pitted dried dates
- 65g organic desiccated coconut
- 25g organic cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp pink sea salt
- 20g raw organic honey (Vegan use maple syrup)
- 80g raw organic coconut oil melted
- Grease & line a square lamington tin with baking paper.
- Place almonds, cashes & Brazil in TM bowl & grind for 8 seconds on speed 7. Set aside.
- Add dates, coconut, cocoa, salt & honey into bowl & chop for 30 seconds on speed 7.
- Return nut meal into the bowl, adding the coconut oil & mix for 20 seconds on speed 5 or until mixture has a shiny appearance.
- Mix in the chopped macadamias on reverse, speed 4 for 20 seconds.
- Empty mixture into prepared tin & press down with the back of a spoon.
- Place in the freezer overnight. Cut into squares once frozen. Store back in the freezer.